Foster Youth Rights
- Foster Youth Rights
- Foster Youth Education Rights (English)
- Foster Youth Mental Health Bill of Rights
- California Foster Care Ombudsman’s Office
Focuses on foster youth rights and facts. free Help Line 1-877-846-1602
- High School Graduation Alternatives
- California Foster Care Education Law Fact Sheets
- Kern County District Foster Youth Education Liaison
- Foster Youth Services Coordinating Program
Contact information for Foster Youth Services Coordinating Program statewide, core district, countywide, and juvenile detention programs.
- AB 490 Educational Liaisons for Foster Youth
Statewide contact information for the Assembly Bill 490 Educational liaisons at the county offices of education.
- Kern County The Independent Living Program [ILP] is a federally funded program that provides services to assist eligible youth and young adults up to age 21 in making a successful transition from foster care to independent living.
- Foster Youth Services at Kern High School District
- Foster Youth Benefits and Entitlement Charts: The Los Angeles County Office of Child Protection (OCP) released its Foster Youth Benefit and Entitlement Charts and an accompanying Reference Guide to provide an overview of available resources and benefits to support foster and probation youth during their time in care.
- Basic living
- Social Security
- Extended foster care
- Workforce development
- Expecting and parenting youth
- Foster Youth Educational Planning Guide
- Planning for College
- Community College Foster Youth Enrollment Information
- CSU Foster Youth Resource Guide
- UC Foster Youth Resource Guide
- Aging Out of Foster Care: What You Need to Know
- After 18 Factsheet
- 21 Things: Don’t Leave Foster Care Without These
- A California law gives foster youth the option to remain in foster care and receive services and supports until age 21.
- Re-entry: Coming Back into Extended Foster Care
- Foster Club
- Financial planning resource links
- Other Legal Resources
The following toolkits and resource guides are free to download
|National Association of Counsel for Children: Recommendations for legal representation of children and youth in neglect an abuse proceedings|
|File Size:||943 kb|
|Los Angeles County Foster Youth Benefit and Entitlement Chart|
|File Size:||1004 kb|